Dear Daycare Families:
As you probably have already heard, the Provincial government just announced that all licensed childcare centres in Ontario will be allowed to open as early as Friday June 12.
Friday is an unrealistic timeline as there are many factors to consider before we reopen.
We need ample time to modify our playrooms, train staff on new health & safety protocols, receive orders of PPE, finish writing and reviewing all of our new enhanced health & safety policies/guidelines. We are committed to reopening as soon as possible and will be working with the Board of Directors on our reopening plan and will communicate this to you as soon as we are able to.
Meanwhile, during this period of closure, the daycare has been actively engaged in preparing for reopening. We will follow the childcare guidelines to ensure children and adults are safe.
Please see below strict guidelines that childcare centres will be required to adopt by the Ontario Government:
“As the province continues to implement its Framework for Reopening the Province, child care centres and home care providers across Ontario will be able to reopen with strict safety and operational requirements in place, similar to the safety guidelines required for emergency child care centres. Centres will be required to adopt specific rules, including:
- Cohorting ― putting children and staff in groups of 10 or less day over day;
- COVID-19 response plan ― all child care settings will be required to have a plan in place if a child, parent or staff member/provider is exposed to COVID-19;
- Screening ― all staff and children must be screened prior to entry to the child care setting. Anyone feeling unwell must stay home;
- Daily attendance records ― child care settings must keep daily records of all attendees in order to support contact tracing;
- Cleaning ― child care settings must be thoroughly cleaned before opening and frequently thereafter;
- No visitors ― only essential visitors are permitted entry into the child care setting;
- Implementing drop-off and pick-up protocols ― in a way that facilitates physical distancing.”
Please see attached a short survey regarding your plans and needs for returning to the daycare.
Please complete survey as soon as possible and return it via email no later than Monday June 15.
We ask for your patience and cooperation as we will need your support in preparing for reopening. Thank you and stay healthy and safe.
Novea Lawson, Supervisor
St.Michael and All Angels Day Care Centre
611 St. Clair Avenue West
Toronto, ON M6C 1A3